[ale] Alternatives to Nautilus in Gnome3?

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:30:05 EST 2013

On 2013/01/23, at 11:52 , Scott Castaline wrote:
> On 01/23/2013 11:40 AM, Ted W. wrote:
>> On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 23:44 -0500, Scott Castaline wrote:
>>> I use Gnome-commander for sometime now. Seems to work for me.
>>
>> I'd never heard of Gnome-commander. I assume it's similar to
>> midnight-commander? I'll have to look it up, it sounds interesting
>> if that's the case.
>>
> Here's a link to it:  http://www.nongnu.org/gcmd/

If you are going to go old school, I find Worker considerably more
expandable and capable than gcmd.  Seems it is still being developed
as well - lated update is Nov. 2012.   Allows full integration of bash
scripting for function buttons so I wrote a batch rename utility for
it that
is still included among the customizable function keys.

<http://www.boomerangsworld.de/cms/worker/index.html>

I even used to run it on my Mac OSeX systems in the 10.4 days.
Someone keeps it available as a fink package, but I switthed to
MacPorts with 10.5+

in peace
aaron