[ale] OT: Website Input

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:18:32 EST 2013

I have a system I need to push a string of text through from a URL and I'm
not sure how to do it.

If I telnet to "host.company.com 80"  I can enter some XML text into the
resulting connection (no prompt is returned)

<seqnum>1</seqnum>
<uri>google.com<https://owa.webroot.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://google.com>

This causes a service on the inside to return "200 <IP> OK".

I'm using alertsite.com for site monitoring and need to figure out how to
do this through the "URL" input form.

Anyone have any ideas on how to format the URL to put the XML in?

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar