[ale] [OT] Any Eclipse and C users on the list

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Tue Jan 22 12:22:04 EST 2013

Ale Crew,

I am posting this here because:
1) Eclipse is open source and runs on Linux,
2) I will be using Eclipse on CentOS,
3) I will be using Eclipse on C code (as opposed to Java).

I could use the help of an Eclipse expert who uses Eclipse with C.

I am converting a project from being compiled with "./configure; make"
to be compiled under Eclipse.

Although Eclipse allows invoking make, I have found that it will not
meet programmers expectations of a project that was originally
developed on Eclipse.

Three things make it not clean:
a) I use some bash scripts to generate code; scripts invoked by make.
b) I use some bash scripts to generate some makefiles; scripts invoked
by configure.
c) I have many targets in the make file including several shared objects.

I want to refactor the project to be more "Eclipse Friendly".

Anyone on this group use Eclipse and C and can give me some tips?  I
am willing to pay.

--
Michael Potter
  Tapp Solutions, LLC