[ale] FTP files

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:18:58 EST 2013

Guys,

Ok, I think I have a better script, but I am having a problem with the
for/loop with ftp'ing files, looks like it breaking at the <<+

Here is my new script

========================Begin Script=================================

#!/bin/bash
# ftp script
# by Chuck Payne
# ftp, logs, and moves files

LOG=$(/var/log/fl_sdirc)
FILES=$(cat /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt | wc -l)
TIME=$(`date '+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M'`)
FILE=$(/chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt)

if [ -e $FILE ] ; then
  rm -f $FILE
fi

ls /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc >> /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt

if [ $FILE=="0"] ; then
  echo "$TIME" >> $LOG
  echo "No Files tranfer" >> $LOG
else

for i in `cat /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt` ; do
  ftp -n 192.168.105.29 <<+
  user flsdir essex
  binary
  put $i
  quit ;
done

echo "$TIME" >> $LOG
echo "File following file were transfer to Pawnee" >> $LOG

for i in `cat /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt` ; do
  echo "$i" >> $LOG
done

for i in `cat /chroot/home/fl/fl_sdirc/files.txt` ;
  mv $i /home/fl_sdirc/$i.$TIME ;
done

fi

========================End Script==================================

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org