[ale] tipping point for desktop linux (actually does something easy with scanners)

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:46:22 EST 2013

In the early days of personal computers (think Trash-80/Commodore/Atari)
manufacturers of dot matrix printers were less than prompt at delivering
printer drivers.  I had to write several to get the Atari to play nicely
with various dot-matrix printers.  I'd hate to think what is involved in
writing one today, and then porting it to the various operating systems.

Sean