[ale] semi [OT] cool info, sn podcast, FIXING SSD'S, linksys router flaws, more

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sun Jan 20 14:25:16 EST 2013

JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

>On 01/20/2013 11:04 AM, Matthew wrote:
>> speaking of pod casts, does anyone else watch/listen to pauldotcom or
>hak5?
>
>If you are into security, check out the local DC404 group. They meet
>monthly at
>Manual's Tavern ... yesterday was the meeting this month. These guys
>are mostly
>IT security for corps, universities, government agencies, whitehat
>hackers and
>pentesters.  They are a great bunch of folks.
>
>There are other, more professional security groups in the ATL too, but
>the DC404
>guys are the most fun, by far.

I'm interested in security, although doing it professionally every day would probably drive me nuts.  There are too many ways the white hats can fail and too many ways the black hats can win.  Then, the poor tech or engineer gets the blame for what was likely a management or budgeting problem.

The group does sound cool.  All these far away groups (from Cumming) are killing me on fuel  Do they have a website or message group or anything?

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com