[ale] Perl coding style

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jan 19 14:47:27 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-18 at 09:44 -0500, Rev. Johnny Healey wrote:
> People still write perl?

And to answer that, the answer is a resounding YES and what they do with
it can be profound.

Pure serendipity, I was reading articles in another field and ran across
this gem in the medical / epidemiology realm...

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/01/ff-kpc-superbug-nih/all/

--
On September 19, 2011, Evan Snitkin sat staring at a computer monitor,
its screen cluttered with Perl script and row after row of 0s sprinkled

It's a lengthy read but very enlightening.

I code a lot of perl.

Regards,
Mike