[ale] upcoming meetings, changes and Summer issues

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 13:20:24 EST 2013

ALE,

Due to a room scheduling conflict our meetings will be migrating to a room
on 5th floor (classes get priority, no problem). I'll post signs for
location and update web page when we get a bit closer to the next meeting.

During the summer, the building normally closes at 8pm. That will be an
issue for us beginning in May. Last summer, the school covered the
additional cost of security to keep it open for us until 9 pm or so. That
is not an option for this year. Security costs $14/hr with a 4 hour
minimum. So we need $60 per meeting.

So we need to decide how we want to proceed.

We can pass the hat at the prior month meeting to raise funds for next
month.
We can skip summer and resume in the fall.
We can go all social and meet at Meltons only.
We can relocate for May through August.
We can request a time change for earlier to be out by 8pm.
Or some combination of the above.

And we need to plan on a summer cook-out no matter where the regular
meetings are held.

Discuss.

James P. Kinney III
*