[ale] Can't connect to port 53

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 18:07:41 EST 2013

When you telnet to local host, you are connecting to a virtual interface
(loopback) which uses 127.0.0.1

External hosts cannot use it.

Your bind9 instance has attached to the loopback instead of the external IP
address for your host.

Check the configuration for bind, and optionally your hosts file, make sure
your hostname is set to the external IP, and not the loopback (which is
default)