[ale] [OT rant] selfishness

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:39:46 EST 2013

Also please to note that riding your bicycle on the sidewalk can be
lethally dangerous.  You're often moving at 5-10 times the speed of a
pedestrian, and the drunks turning right into their driveways won't see you
halfway down the block. At that distance you won't have time to react when
they come in front of you.  Notta mention that the sidewalk is designed for
and used by pedestrians ( that's why it's called a sideWALK), and so is
often filled with debris and other obstacles which you have limited room to
negotiate on your bike.

OTOH, I am pretty sure that I should ride my uni on the sidewalk.  It's way
slower and more maneuverable than a bike.

-- CHS