[ale] Chrome Extensions

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Jan 7 03:04:51 EST 2013

Most people who know me know I'm pretty security minded, but I just got a
big surprise in the form of the "PageRank Status" Chrome Extension.  The
TL;DR is that they've started injecting ads from some company called
superfish.com onto sites.  A longer version is here:

https://systemoverlord.com/blog/2013/01/07/pagerank-status-chrome-extension-injects-ads

Mostly, I wanted to remind everyone to keep an eye on everything -- just
because it was clean in version 1.0 doesn't mean it's clean now, and
browser extensions can be just as dangerous as full malware.

--
David Tomaschik