[ale] Forbes trashes Micro$soft

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Fri Jan 4 11:16:25 EST 2013

I have to agree. Between Unity and Metro it's a bit of a race to the bottom.

Like you say, it's about having a tool. For years and years, I had a tool
that worked very well (in the form of the Linux desktop). I've used 'em
all. Switched to Gnome when KDE lost the plot and now with Unity embracing
so many elements that just make it harder to do what I always used to do
with great ease, I'm finding my Linux desktop less powerful than it was in
1999. And Gnome 3 doesn't help much either.

I'm no longer able to say honestly to anyone, dude, just use a Linux
desktop, it's so much more powerful and friendly.

Very sad really, that this weird shift in direction has happened.

Ubuntu has been so good to me, and all my servers run so beautifully. But,
the desktop is in sad state. Although I must say, my 75 year old mother
seems very happy with Unity.

ed

Edward Holcroft
Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.
3020 Holcomb Bridge Rd. NW
Norcross, GA 30071
O (770) 446-9606
M (678) 587-8649

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not