[ale] a quick test of web site stupid

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:22:51 EST 2013

This is just my opinion but....

When I need to use a secure login for a web site like, say, a utility
company or a shopping site that stores my credit card, I like to test the
security of their coding practices by trying to use a password that has a
'.' and a '!' in it. When they password checker complains, I take that as a
good sign their coders don't properly escape user input data and thus are
probably crappy in other areas.

I am astounded at the number of places that still have issues (Verizon!).

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain