[ale] Weather App (was WAY [OT] but geeky - how do I calibrate GPS barometric altimeter)

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Feb 27 22:50:13 EST 2013

Hello Ron,

> I'm only using WeatherBug on my Android tablet.  Have you heard of
> problems with that?

I haven't tried it, but I don't trust them one bit; they used schools to encourage parents to install the WeatherBug spyware on home computers, as well as local media - even the Weather Channel got into the spyware weather app from WeatherBug.  As far as the Android version is concerned, it has the spyware capabilities built in; unfortunately, those same permissions that WeatherBug needed as PC spyware is required by default to do its purported job on Android.

>  Does Weather Underground have an Android app?

As a matter of fact, they do.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wunderground.android.weather&hl=en

I trust them.  I even chose to get a premium account so I can get priority radar and satellite images during severe weather.  It's one of the best $10 I spend each year, IMO.  Check out their Wundermap.

Cheers,
Robert~