[ale] LPIC-2 or equivalent worth it?

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:35:02 EST 2013

Um, ok.  When another Linux vendor has a certificate that's looked for by employers and recruiters, I'd be happy to talk about its value.  But the sad fact is that I very rarely see job postings that ask for LPI. And when I do, typically its Couched as RHCE or LPI level whatever.

The value of a personnel certification from the employer perspective is its ability to identify people that are a probably a good match for your job.  From a certificate holders perspective, it helps you identify yourself as someone perspective employers are interested in talking to.  If a certificate doesn't act like this, it's not worth holding.  IMO.

-Scott