[ale] WAY [OT] but geeky - how do I calibrate GPS barometric altimeter

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Feb 25 20:07:36 EST 2013

I don't think Cumming has an airport, but I'll keep it in mind.

I took the GPS out with me to supper.  When I left, my house was at 1210 feet above sea level.  By the time I got back, it had sunk (on the display) to 1170 feet.  In the last 20 minutes of me sitting here, it has raised back up to 1185 feet.

So, I guess I cannot expect too much from the elevation function of this device.

Sincerely,

Ron