[ale] OT: Rant

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:17:54 EST 2013

Today I found on the shelf at my workplace old mid 90's PC. PI 200 MMX/64MB
RAM Win 98. So let Me recall the old days. I crank it up and voila there is
the well known desktop. I put floppy with few HTML files in I double click
on license.htm and 3 seconds later there is Internet Explorer with full
rendered pages.

I'm not in praise of M$ products.

The question I'm asking myself is how WE managed to degrade in terms of
speed and hardware requirements that drastically in matter of 15 years. I
can't probably run modern kernel and X server on this hardware without
waiting first my lunch to get ready :)