[ale] Last nights meeting.. Control

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Fri Feb 22 09:39:23 EST 2013

It was a pleasure making it to a physical meatspace ALE meeting last
nght.. and while recapping what I learned from ya'll back at the office in
Chattanooga, I realize what everyone was seeking from their distro of
choice was:  Control.

The degree varied.. I install mostly from binary repo's, others went more
for direct from source... Even Jim talked of controlling large numbers of
systems well wil Redhat.

But the theme hits me as: Control.

As opposed to the other OS's and some Linux distro's where they make more
and more of the decisions for you and take more and more control away.

We are all a bunch of control freaks. ;)