[ale] anybody doing android development and how?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 09:15:56 EST 2013

I'm doing some development on Android using the standard Java and Eclipse
environment.  Eclipse is a bear, but it has the only readily available
Android screen designer.  Right now I'm kind of in the weeds due to the
evils of the LG G2x P999 phone I bought used as a development environment,
but I hope to dig out of that trouble soon.  If you're gonna root your
smartphone and install a 3rd party build, look for an HTC one.  The LGs are
a real pain to work with.

-- CHS