[ale] pauldotcom.com NOT

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Thu Feb 14 10:12:57 EST 2013

Hi Scott,

I didn't know hak5 had a youtube channel until you mentioned it.  I just pointed my podcatcher on the tablet to the rss xml feed on hak5.org.  I did realize you were outputting mp3.  That's neat.  I want to figure out a way to have another machine retrieve the mp4 automatically when a new one is posted in their rss xml feed, extract the audio as you described, email the audio to my tablet, then delete the mp4 file.

I heard on one of the Linux podcasts about some sort of task scheduler where you could run batches of commands on schedule.  It wasn't crontab.  But now I cannot remember where I heard it.  I might have to go back and listen to a few of the tux radar shows.

Sincerely,

Ron