[ale] [OT]I think this is awesome, you may find it scary

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Feb 12 11:09:59 EST 2013

One of the reasons why I block all java script/flash on pages using No Script is the amount of information various sites collect for no reason.   It is also why I remove all cookies and history every time I close my browser.

Almost every site you go to has a Google Analytics script and many have another Google script not to mention the plethora of other marketing gathering scripts for various organizations.   I don't need them to advertise to me - If I'm interested I'll search for it.

What is really annoying is that deleting cookies automatically apparently doesn't kill tracking cookies.  I have to run an anti-virus scan to catch and delete those though over this past weekend I did put in a filter that I'm hoping will prevent the worst of them in the first place.