[ale] OT: Comcast modem

Matt Hessel matt.hessel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:47:25 EST 2013

I used my own modem for several years with Comcast.  If you get one, make
sure it is Docsis 3 compliant.  All the speed bands they use need it.

Docsis 2.0 will work, but will limit how fast your burst speed will go.

And FYI the Linksys and RCA modems suck bad.  Motorola modems seem to work
the best for me, but YMMV.