[ale] Fwd: Re: semi [OT] cool info, sn podcast, FIXING SSD'S, linksys router flaws, more

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Sat Feb 9 14:47:49 EST 2013

JD <jdp at algoloma.com> wrote:

>On 02/09/2013 09:04 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>> Why are the dc404 guys registered at a .to domain name?  My OpenDNS
>net filter rejects that mailing list as a proxy / anonymizer.  Also,
>their website looks out of date.  Do you know if they're still meeting?
>
>Seems like asking these questions on the DC404 email list would be more
>productive. I suspect that only Taylor or Beth can answer with any
>facts.
>
>Just visited the website and it doesn't seem any more out of date than
>any other
>meeting website run by volunteers. It has information about the meeting
>last
>month, just like ALE.org.

Hi JD,

I think you were the first guy that mentioned them to me in this thread, so I thought you might be familiar with them enough to answer these questions.  The last meeting actually says Jan 2012 rather than 2013.  And, the most recent meeting I saw in the archives was July, so I was confused.  I cannot access their forum at kaos.to  (to ask questions, etc.) unless I disable the proxy / anonymizer filter, which I'm hesitant to do, since, in some cases, things routed through anonymizers are malicious.

Sincerely,

Ron

Please excuse my potential brevity.

(To whom it may concern.  My email address has changed.  Replying to former
address.  Please send all personal correspondence to the new address.)

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.
linuxdude AT techstarship.com