[ale] public sharing of folders on linux - newbie question

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:11:53 EST 2013

My personal experience is (home network):
FTP = best/fastest on transferring files 4gb and up.
NFS = better/faster. struggles a little with files 4gb and up.
SMB = best for mixed OS environment and *nixes struggle a little with
large files as well.

I use a little ftp over http app called weftp from
http://www.web-ftp.org/ where wife and kids share files. Works great
when the kids forget their homework at the home PC :-)

Sergio