[ale] List for C questions

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Dec 27 22:50:30 EST 2013

No, I don't, but two things:

1) Are you sure you want to confine yourself to friendly venues?  If
they're not accepting in general, you still might get some great info from
helpful individuals.  Around the turn of the millenium I got some great
info in comp.lang.c.moderated on usenet, which wasn't always accepting of
newbies at the time.

2) Your example wasn't strictly on-topic for a C discussion group.  A
question about hash table implementations is in the domain of data
structures and algorithms.  I don't know of a rusty-people accepting data
structures forum, either.  For data structures, I like books best, but
there are also MIT/UCB/Stanford lectures on YouTube that I manage to listen
to in the car as podcasts.  The lectures remind me, e.g., what a trie is
best at or that there's a special data structure for representing disjoint
sets.  I haven't found a good alternative than maintaining a mental index
of data structure choices, so that I know what to review when a problem is
begging for a particular data structure.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/