[ale] Off-lease/refurb systems, acctg/bookkeeping sw

Ken Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Fri Dec 27 12:50:48 EST 2013

Hey, I used to get off-lease/refurbed computers from Prime
in Marietta; had good experience(s) with them for years but
now it looksl like they've closed/renamed & no longer in the
hardware business.

So, nowadays where's a good place-or-two to get such things?
Looking for the likes of a small-form-factor desktop unit a-la
the HP/Compaq SFF series of a few years ago.  Suggestions?

Other than that, are there any workable alternatives to
QuickBooks for *payroll* that are *not* online-required?
(And that are usable by *mom* and/or mom-approved? :)
I know about GNUCash but best I can tell, it won't do payroll
unless that's changed recently.

Thanks, -kc