[ale] LPI Certification Study Group

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Dec 21 10:49:25 EST 2013

On 12/20/2013 06:40 PM, H P Ladds wrote:
> Couldn't it be possible to do a hybrid web based / bricks and mortar study
> group? Allow a web based program to lead the study and have designated time(s)
> and location(s) where the group would take the classes together. Or develop our
> own curriculum for classroom study and allow web participation in the classes?
>
> Also, is it alright if I "test the waters" of an LPIC study group with other
> computer enthusiasts? I'm willing to bet we'll find a few other interested
> parties at DC 404, the various open source software user groups, etc.
>
> Freeside Atlanta will likely donate it's (crude but effective) classrooms and/or
> auditorium to the study group.
>
> Cheers,
> Preston
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM, leam hall <leamhall at gmail.com
> <mailto:leamhall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Some folks here are interested in an LPIC study group as well. That
>     makes face to face difficult with ALE but I'm wondering if we can do
>     this with focused study areas and a mentor/coach type process.

I like the idea of re-using and updating existing training materials for the
"correct answer", not what is needed to pass a test.  I suggested a specific
book, only as a way to get started.  To me, certifications are not very useful,
but I'm far passed _just starting out_ and willing to display my ignorance, as
you all see here. ;)

I believe working through forums and virtual meetings will work best for everyone.

We have an email list group setup for this purpose. Since there is some
traction, perhaps we should move the discussion over there as we get the group
together and decide a course of action?

       It is ale-study at mail.ale.org

See you there. Over 50 subscribers already are on that list.