[ale] FreeRadius on Ubuntu again

Edward Holcroft eholcroft at mkainc.com
Fri Dec 20 12:26:36 EST 2013

All,

I have a mostly working FreeRadius server. Now I want to add wifi
authentication using certificates.

This is an Ubuntu 13.10 server using the Ubuntu FreeRadius packages. When I
look at /etc/freeradius/certs all I see is a default server and client
certificate and dh file that was generated during installation. But this
folder is supposed to contain a whole bunch of files including ca client
and server .cnf  files, a makefile and bootstrap script etc so that I can
create my own certificates (see
https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/tree/master/raddb/certs for
the full list).

Anybody know where Ubuntu hides these files? Or is this a case of Ubuntu
just leaving stuff out of their build?

So the result is I cannot even get to first base: create a certificate.

Is it safe to just copy the files from github into my certs folder and then
run the scripts?

ed

--
Edward Holcroft | Madsen Kneppers & Associates Inc.

11695 Johns Creek Parkway, Suite 250 | Johns Creek, GA 30097
O (770) 446-9606 | M (770) 630-0949

--
MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES USA, MKA Canada Inc. WARNING/CONFIDENTIALITY
NOTICE: This message may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not