[ale] LPI Certification Study Group

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:23:24 EST 2013

On 12/19/2013 03:10 PM, JD wrote:
> On 12/20/2013 12:23 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
>> Where would the LPIC study group meet?
>>
> Lots of options.
> * A home / rotating homes
> * A business / businesses
> * A college/University
> * Via conference call
> * Via web-sharing / hangout
>
> We don't have a core group showing enough interest to do anymore research at
> this point. There isn't a leader either.  I'm willing to help organize, can't
> commit to much more. Other people will need to step up.
>
> There is a training company asking to help too, but they will need/want to be
> compensated for time, infrastructure, mentors and materials.
>
> I saw this more as a student/mentor endeavor, but the group would need to
> determine all of this.  The people involved would need to be self-starters with
> a real commitment. No tests, just knowledge sharing and a group to ask questions
> and get alternate views about.

I am interested and would like to help organize. I would be student not
an instructor.

For locations, I would pick a more central location (mid town or Tech
maybe) or use one of last two suggestions though the last may have
advantages of a permanent record and the ability to post/share material.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier at gmail.com