[ale] Unity focus problem, following link in email

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Dec 18 21:50:28 EST 2013

12.04 is NOT out of date. It has support until April 2017.
Whereas 13.10 support ends April 2014.

Non-nerds should be running 12.04 Ubuntu to avoid the 6-month update mandate.

Thunderbird settings are binary compatible across UNIX systems, so you can just
copy them over to a new userid and chown -R.

I switched my Mom over to Lubuntu about 5 yrs ago. She used it until her dead
last summer.  Initially, she had a Pentium4 box, but the MB failed on it, so she
was provided with a Core i7 (just moved the HDD over).  She couldn't tell the
difference - what does that say about LXDE?

Might I suggest posting this question on the Ubuntu forums? Many of those folks
are really sharp.