[ale] How to move a running process to screen session

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Dec 18 13:56:09 EST 2013

I'd say you're missing the point.

Some things you do you just want to start and not get involved in writing a script and you're not sure how long they'll take and/or what output or interaction they may require.   Some things also are interactive but may not prompt until later so you don't want them to abort because you're not around.   You could right expect scripts but that's a bear to do if it is just something you happened to run on the fly.

No one is suggesting replacing regularly run processes with screen.   You can use cron for that kind of stuff and it is all background anyway.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX Administrator

DS Waters of America, Inc.
5660 New Northside Drive NW