[ale] LPI Certification Study Group

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Dec 17 14:53:17 EST 2013

The LPI stuff expires after a few years, too.  It is easy enough to extend the RHCE, though.  You can just go and take one of the advanced courses (performance tuning, deployment, etc...) and pass that test - it extends your RHCE.  You can also take the rapid track course for the new version, and just retake the RHCE exam on that version.  That's probably the approach I will go with, so I get the overview of "what's new" in the newer version.  If you are in Europe or an SAP shop, the SUSE CLP/CLE would be relevant. Or if you are a shop like ours, where we just prefer SUSE.
The VMware VCP is also a good one to look into.  Of course, they require you to take their install/manage/configure class to get the cert.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer