[ale] LPI Certification Study Group

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 14:45:23 EST 2013

I agree. LPIC is a very Debian-slanted certification process. Of course,
the RHCE/RHSA/RH?? is only for RedHat Enterprise.

Note: A RHCE expires every several years. Makes sense as they release a new
major version and many things change.

If LPIC hasn't updated their question bank to include modern processes' and
procedures, that undermines the relevance of the certification. That's sad
as they are/were the only Linux certification other than RHCE with traction.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> I have LPIC-1 and LPIC-2, the O'Reilly Book is about the best out there.
>  It doesn't matter that it is dated, the test is WAY dated.  They are still
> asking about things that are way obsolete....  honestly, I don't think they
> have changed their question pool in a decade.
> Another thing to keep in mind - while they claim to be distro independent,
> you had better know Debian.  It is HEAVILY biased toward the Debuntu way of
> doing things.
> --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> The University of Alabama

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*