[ale] OT: Chrome cast

Robert Heaven roberth1954 at aim.com
Thu Dec 12 17:20:56 EST 2013

When I first saw the advertisement for Chromcast I thought, wow this could put Apple-TV and Roku out of business. Then, I looked at the specs and realized, it is NOT a stand-alone devise like the Apple-TV and Roku. It is nothing more than a Bluetooth receiver with an HDMI interface and, requires the use of a special app on a smart phone or tablet. I suppose if you have an extra tablet/phone you don't need and can leave it set up near your TV to act as the streaming devise, it could be useful.