[ale] Freebsd Question

Robert Heaven roberth1954 at aim.com
Fri Dec 6 13:46:53 EST 2013

In FreeBSD, if you have 2 NICs and you want 2 different subnets, 1 on each, your rc.conf would look like what Wolf said.

However, if you want a single NIC to listen for 2 different subnets you need to use the alias function:

ifconfig_dc0="inet 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_dc0_alias0="inet 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"

-Robert