[ale] password Safes? (almost linux related)

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Dec 3 10:08:54 EST 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 09:21 -0500, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> I'm personally a fan of KeePassDroid.  It's open source, and your
> password file is readable on most platforms.

I use KeePassDroid on Android and KeePassX on Linux.  Only think with
KeePassX on Linux is that you have to use the alpha release for the
KeePass 2.x databases.  It's not a big deal and it's been rock solid for
me but the 1.x and 2.x databases are very different animals.  The only
other choice there is to run the original KeePass (M$ Windblows) under
Wine, which I have done and runs reasonable well as well, for the 2.x
database support.  I like KeePassX better for my Linux support, though.

Regards
Mike