[ale] VPN, Netflix, canada to usa

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 19:16:30 EDT 2013

Friends:

My friend lives in Canada.  He wants to buy a Roku device and wants to
stream Netflix and it is possible to Stream Netflix-Canada to his TV thru
Roku.

However he wants to view Netflix-USA and during his research and mine if it
is a PC he can go thru a proxy server here in USA and see the content of
Netflix-USA.

Since this is a Roku device the option is to have a VPN at the router level
and not at the device level.  How can he access VPN here in the USA without
paying a monthly fee ?

Can I host a VPN network that he can become a part of and thereby do his
Netflix stuff ?  Will I be in any trouble if I did that ?

-N