[ale] Using RHN Satellite to deploy a standard firewall: recommendations?

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:48:15 EDT 2013

I'm using SUSE Manager, which is  SUSE's rebuild of Spacewalk (the open source version of Satellite).  You could just push out a /etc/sysconfig/iptables file with a config channel, then follow that with a remote execution script to do "service iptables restart"
Or, you could just do the remote execution script to pull down a copy of the iptables file from somewhere and do the restart.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer