[ale] rsync

Brian Mathis brian.mathis+ale at betteradmin.com
Wed Aug 28 11:59:40 EDT 2013

Compression won't help for 2 reasons:
1) Image data is already compressed

2) It sounds like you're syncing between local mounts, in which case the
data would be uncompressed before writing to the destination, which is the
local mount, which then sends it over the network.  I hope rsync is smart
enough to ignore the compression option when syncing between local sources.

Compression is only going to help if you're syncing between 2 separate
machines and the data is being transferred over the network by rsync itself
-- not when using a network file system.

❧ Brian Mathis