[ale] Ruby on Rails - Free Training

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Aug 27 08:45:49 EDT 2013

The "Atlanta Ruby Meetup Group" is holding Ruby on Rails training again this
year on alternating Saturday mornings - that's every other Saturday for many months.

When: 10am, Saturday, September 14, 2013
Where: Norcross, GA (get specific directions at the link)

You should register to get your name on the building access list.
http://www.meetup.com/atlantaruby/ has all the details.

I attended this training last year and recommend it for anyone interested in
Ruby, Rails, Git, Test Driven Development. A little programming/scripting
experience will be helpful, but if you are a dedicated beginner, you will be
able to keep up. It is possible to do everything spending $0. I did. THERE IS
HOMEWORK and it will take a commitment to stay current.  The meat-ups provide
the critical in-person aspects to learning a new skill.

**Do not** miss the first meeting and definitely bring your Linux laptop ready
to setup a development environment following current Rubyist "best practices."
Might be best to try and setup the environment **before** attending so the
experts in the room can get you over any hurdles.  I had some and needed help,
just sayin'.  Email me off list for any other pointers.

I will say that Ruby is a fun language. How often do you hear that about a
scripting language?