[ale] Open Suse and the .inputrc issues

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:45:10 EDT 2013

Good point James.

Our office folks use SLES 11.1 and about to move to 11.2 (powers to be are
slow to move)

My closest match that I could install in the 11.x series was 11.4 so I
could stay as close to SLES as I can.

Having said that I tried last noon yest on one of the office SLES 11.1
boxes and guess what, the changes in the .inputrc file works.

Only on my local OpenSUSE11.4 VM the .inputrc does not work.  But
/etc/inputrc works.  So for now /etc/inputrc has to suffice on my VM where
I have root.

I know, I know, JD will say root is bad.

-Narahari