[ale] [OT] router question

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 08:26:49 EDT 2013

I need a reality check on what I am seeing at home.  I have a Motorola
Surfboard Modem that says it is setup to provide DHCP addressing in the
range 192.168.100.11 - 192.168.10.42.
Downstream I have a Dlink wireless router that says its connection type is
DHCP and its WAN address is 24.99.228.229.

I expected the Dlink router to have a WAN address in the above range. I
tried a few things, like releasing and renewing the connection on the
router using the HTML menus, but I came back to the same thing.  The
Surfboard does not look like it provides anything for me to configure. I
can only get status information for it.

Any thoughts?

...John