[ale] [OT] Liberties

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 12:50:38 EDT 2013

I don't see that erosion of 2cnd amendment has occurred to any degree that
the others have.

No carry-able number of fully automatic weapons will match up against
Apache attack helicopters with rockets, tanks with the ability to drop a 10
story building at 5 miles and the nuclear weapon trump card is _still_ held
by the only government to ever use nuclear weapons against a civilian
population.

I, too, do not expect perfection of freedom. But it is a desired goal that
must be worked for and not abandoned just because it's hard. I don't see
freedom and security as being diametrically opposed either. In fact, i see
true freedom and true security as being a symbiotic relationship. It is
only through freedom that we will have security.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain