[ale] Remote access

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:23:24 EDT 2013

Chris,

If you paid for them, yes, they can with them. My company didn't so I have
a nice black piece of plastic where it should be. :( I am reading the BMC
doc to see if offers anything.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Chris Ricker <chris.ricker at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 8/16/13 3:47 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
>
>> Ron,
>>
>> I am looking for something to act as KVM ( Keyboard Video and Mouse, not
>> the Kervel Virtual Machine), see the person they hire to do linux dev,
>> doesn't know linux. Keeps killing the box, so if I had Drac on these I
>> would be happy, I have BMC, I really should look to see they can do remote
>> access like the Drac. All the stuff would be great while the box is
>> running. If I had remove access like KVM  I could kick start the boxes,
>> which is happen from my office. Instead driving an hour to Roswell.
>>
>> Ed, these are old 2950, still go for dev boxes.
>>

> I thought 2950s had DRAC?
>
> At any rate, Lantronix Spiders are kinda pricey but generally work well
> for one-off boxes that need a KVM
>
> http://www.lantronix.com/it-**management/kvm-over-ip/spider.**html<http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/kvm-over-ip/spider.html>
>
> Doesn't give you power control but as long as you have managed PDUs,
> between the two you can get about the same as an integrated DRAC / iLO /
> etc type management

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org