[ale] Remote access

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Aug 16 14:57:47 EDT 2013

Here are some things I've heard about.  I haven't tried them.

We had a thread about remote graphical access a few months ago that I started.  You might look that up.  It might be under the how do you monitor the weather in the computer room thread, but I think it was a separate thread.  I think NX Server and Free NX was mentioned.

Also,

The following is cross platform.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I think the following works with Windows and Mac but I think you can do some data collection from Linux systems.

http://www.gotoassist.com/remote_support/remote_support_software

The Going Linux podcast did some shows on this in 2010.

http://goinglinux.com/shownotes.html#glp114
http://goinglinux.com/shownotes.html#glp118

For windows for my family I use:

http://www.crossloop.com/index.jsp