[ale] ISC DHCPD config question

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 17:38:13 EDT 2013

Close. Set iptables to redirect only for the kids IPs. As long as anyone
else is use the real gateway, nothing changes. So now when cron reset to
normal mode, you system no longer sees kid traffic and the iptables rule
for redirect never gets hit so no load.

And since it's all off their systems, they can do pretty much nothing other
than learn about networking and manually set a static IP and gateway. If
that happens, you've got other problems :-D

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On 08/14/2013 04:46 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> add an "option router" call to the individual settings block to set a
>> bogus gateway and you can keep them on the same subnet with the same IP
>> address.
>>
> Brilliant!
>
> If I do set the GW to 192.168.1.115 (my desktop) and then use iptables to
> redirect all 80 requests to 192.168.1.115:80 will other traffic be
> redirected to the 192.168.1.254 gateway since the the GW is one hop on the
> same subnet?  Of course I could just use iptables to do a blanket block on
> all that traffic.

James P. Kinney III
*
It won't fatten the dog.