[ale] ISC DHCPD config question

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:50:53 EDT 2013

Did we have this talk a couple months ago. You might want to look at squid.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of a block, just redirect all web traffic to a page hosted on your
> system that says "GO TO BED!"
>
> Basically a hidden proxy :-)
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> For my network I run ISC DHCPD on my desktop.  I'm trying to solve an over
>> use problem.
>>
>> I have two daughters in elementary school and I need to control their
>> Internet access times.   Today i locked their computers down to just one AP.
>> My idea is to unplug the AP when it is time for no Internet.
>>
>> I then had another idea.
>>
>> What if I set up a 192.168.3.0/24 subnet on eth0:1 and then use my desktop
>> as their gateway and cron with iptables to block them.
>>
>> The problem with this is that I have only one interface and if dhcp
>> requests come to it how can I direct them to the correct subnet?  I would
>> need to tell dhcpd that only 4 devices (via MAC) go to the 3.0 and the
>> remaining are part of the 1.0.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Chris

> James P. Kinney III
>
> Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
> at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail.
> It won't fatten the dog.
> - Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain
>
> http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org