[ale] windows to Linux user conversion training guide

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:41:33 EDT 2013

When I was working at another location, one of the tasks I got to do was to
write a training guide to take a windows user and make them a command line
junkie in Linux. It was a fun project and the students that used it were
enthusiastic about the guide.

It's been far too long, but I finally extracted the bulk of that guide and
put it up on my site for others to see. Feedback is welcome!

It's not complete and due to the removal of much very specific stuff from
where it was written it's a bit clunky now. also the migration away from a
good but proprietary wiki (Atlassian Confluence) to plain html is less than
stellar. I plan to do more from a docbook version for later html
publication as soon as I can.

the guide is at http://jimkinney.us for now.

James P. Kinney III
*