[ale] Would you get Redhat Tomcat from Redhat or Apache?

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Mon Aug 12 14:21:31 EDT 2013

Tomcat 7 has been GA for 2.5+ years, and Redhat is still distributing 6? Tomcat 8 is close to release these days. We always use the binaries from Apache because the repositories are too far behind. If we weren't developing our own software, and were just using some packaged product that worked fine with 6 I'd probably feel differently. I'm on both sides of the developer/admin fence though.

Scott