[ale] OT: The blind and OSes

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 18:02:57 EDT 2013

Hi,

I was talking to a lady who is totally blind today and we talked about
OSes. She said Apple was very good about supporting the blind and Windows
was trash. She despises Windows. She said that the favorite "OS" for many
blind is Ubuntu and commented about how good Ubuntu was for the blind.

I suspect there are other Linux distros that are quite suitable for the
blind out of the box. Obvioulsy, the FOSS tools are available to make a
distro accessible to the blind. But I was intrigued by was that FOSS was
ahead of proprietary in supporting the visually impaired and blind.

--
Jay Lozier
jslozier at gmail.com